Sunday, May 30, 2010

An Introduction

Hi.

My name is Keji, and I am a woman. I am a woman who hasn't been through much difficulty compared with lots of women in this world, but I have been through a little. Most of my difficulties have led me through dark emotional places - places of ugliness, filled with lies. I know many - MANY - other woman who have been through the same dark places, who are still in those dark places, and who will be in those dark places at some point in their lives, and this blog is my attempt to shed some light on that dark, unveil the beauty beneath the ugliness, and kill off the lies with every bit of truth I can find.

In the spirit of truth and integrity, I'll start with some transparency: I've never done this before. This whole blogging thing. I'm not sure where to begin. So! I will begin with this simple-but-profound gem of truth I've found.

You are beautiful.

Once again: You. Are. Beautiful.

Yeah, you. This isn't just some cheesy, feel-good statement. I'm serious. The very fact that you exist is evidence of inherent beauty, all because you were created, and your Creator calls you beautiful. There's our starting point.

Just think about it for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Keji, allow me to become fan number one of this uplifting and inspiring blog. I identify with you in the sense that I have been very blessed by God throughout my life, and really, the darkness in my life has been almost non-existent. I share in your vision to share these many blessings with other women who may be in more difficult situations than us. I thank God for using you as a vessel to bring truth into those women's lives; we are, after all, sisters in the eyes of The One!

    Lastly, thank you for reminding us of the inherent beauty of our essence; our soul. I know I forget that intrinsic characteristic about myself every now and then and I hope women who read this can return to those thoughts and that place within themselves where they will, once again, remember their very own beauty!

    Love,

    - Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And, yes K, you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete